Injection Molding Machine Control Retrofit

mconner

Hey All,
I just got a request to investigate possibly retrofiting/replacing the controls on a HPM 500 plastic IMM. To keep the project relativly simple I am looking for a system that comes in a "kit" form. I have looked through this forum and only found a few options (AB Proset, DL Hubbel, Digital technologies, etc) My searches on the WEB have not done much better.
My question is does anyone know of other vendors that can provide a retrofit kit?
A side note, our customer would like us to use Automation Direct products if we can. I don't think we can provide that request unless we do a system from the ground-up. Something I would like very much to avoid.
Thanks,
M.C

hello; I'm in projectc update the obsolet cards to PLC for machine molder SANDRETTO S7 250 1984 , i think there is not a kit for replacing a moldign machine control, because some functions (electrical,hydraulic...) are different from machine to other one, you must concept a automation program for your machine molder application.
if you want a help i'm here.

I've done a few of those and they are not too dificult. Each was different enough that I was not able to copy the program over.

There isn't a lot of I/O, your big challenge will be the HMI and screen order.