Install RSLogix5 when hitting save in RSLogix5000

ADoozer

Hi guys.

I'm having a strange issue with my rslogix vm build. The VM was built about 2 years ago (when logix v19 revs came out) and is patched to the max.

It has all rockwell products installed (logix5/500/5000 ftview etc etc).

The problem:-
I have been working on a acd file from one of our customers (upgrade from v13 to v19, add ALMDs, change language) and now whenever I hit save I get the installation prompt for RSLogix 5 English 7.40.00 (CPR 9)... which incidentally is already installed.

It is only doing this for 1 particular file (the other 5 ACD files from the same customer having the same upgrade are fine)

Has anyone else had this issue before? know how to fix it? Its more an annoyance than anything else having to cancel the install every time I save.

o_O

regards
Dave

I've seen similar problems before. Usually one of two things works.

• Use the "Repair" option from the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
  • Uninstall the program that it is configuring/reinstalling. RSLogix 5 in your case. Then reinstall it.
I don't know why this happens, but I have seen it in the past on RSLogix and even MS Office.

OG

Thanks Operaghost.

I didn't do the repair as it was only happening on 1 specific file.

I did however solve the issue (magically)

I removed the controlnet file path on the module properties for the controlnet card - hey presto, no more requests to install.

Very bizarre!!!

cheers
Dave