Installing RSLogix 5000 on Win10Pro

micky

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to move an RS5000 21.03.01 install on a Win10Pro machine. Currently have this existing setup on another Win10Pro machine. The only difference this time is I am trying to install from RS5000 software downloaded from Rockwell as opposed to previously I had the DVD. It starts installing then hangs on "Updating files" then displays the attached error. Opened the log file don't see anything obvious as to what the issue may be.

Things I've tried
-Running it administrator mode
-Disabling UAC
-Running it in different compatibility modes
-All of the above in Win7 & XP VMs

What I am overlooking? The only thing I haven't tried is installing from the original physical DVD, which I don't have access to right now.

2021-12-09 08_11_28-.png

In the download go through the REDIST folder, then each subfolder one at a time and try to install or reinstall each item.

You will get popups that this is already installed, this doesn't apply to your computer and a newer version is installed, but when they are all done (and usually VisualStudio components are the main problem)

Then set the Compatibility of the installer to Win Vista SP2 and Run As Administrator.

I do this automatically with every new version on all Win10 PC's after many failures.