Interfacing COM port with help microcontrollers

MerenFlick

Hi everyone,
I am an electronics technician that have been given a tutorial, and I would like some help:
I have to interface a microcontroller to industrial equipment (terminal) so as to have alarms and status supervision. I am looking for similar projects that have been worked through to get inspiration from. the software aspect of the project is a great challenge for me since I have never done such program stuff.

I will be very thankful for any help, indication, instruction, or project documentation.

Meren Sohneya

It might be useful the tutorial materials were available here; putting them in a .ZIP archive and Attaching them using the [paper clip] button in the [Go Advanced] posting interface should work, especially if they are in PDF or image format, as not everyone can read .doc or .docx files.

xxx.png

I suspect you mean something like a raspberry or something like that to a pc for monitoring data, or do you mean a PLC to PC or PLC to HMI or Micro to HMI? more info would be helpful.