Intermittent comm loss to 5/05 and Rslinx

Hello Certcele,

Thanks for your replay and i request you to out this SLC 5/05 into service and LOAD THE ORIGINAL PROGRAMME and let me know the feedback...
Thanks in advance.
Naag.

Put the problem 5/05 back in service today in the same rack it was removed and pinged 100 times with no errors. I've got an idea what might be causing the problem but i'll need some help. I noticed that after changing processors the alarm log on the Proface HMI had been completely cleared, before this it was full with no way to delete the very long list of alarms. Since the alarm log was cleared with a processor swap i figure the data was stored in the processor.Could the comm port be overloaded by all this info that is being sent to the HMI via the ethernet connection.

Alarm log normally stores in the HMI station not in the SLC5/05 memory,anyway can you please send me the .RSS SLC logix so that we can find out the solution.
Thanks,
Nagaraj.:p

>accumulation of pixie dust in the controller's tube manifolds.

I have personally seen this one, if memory serves me it was in the 60's.
:eek:

Always seems to happen on the midnight shift around here
nq4hv8.jpg

I tried removing the power from and the Pro-face HMI to see if that would clear the equipment alarm log and it cleared. So much for my idea of what may have caused the problem. I think i'm going to consider this problem fixed. If it shows up again i'll figure it out then. A big thank you to everyone for the help.