Interpolation

betamax6

hi techies...i am currently working on a project that requires me to drive a 2-axis actuator to perform both linear (in x and y directions) and circular patterns. A professor told me that what im doing is interpolation...can anyone help me with this?... I will be using one of Allen Bradley,s PLCs... thanks

betamax6 said:
hi techies...i am currently working on a project that requires me to drive a 2-axis actuator to perform both linear (in x and y directions) and circular patterns. A professor told me that what im doing is interpolation...can anyone help me with this?... I will be using one of Allen Bradley,s PLCs... thanks
If you're using A-B's ControlLogix, then the functionality is built in. There's also built-in support for blending linear and circular moves together.