Inverter Duty Motors

The Plc Kid

Cost not being an issue what are the best vfd duty motors out there. We currently have some of everthing but i have not been here long enough to see a failure pattern between brands.

Any opinions of favorites?

Kid

I think any of the large well know builders will result in about the same performance. I think Leeson Baldor etc etc.

Maybe more important
1. Availability
2. Local supply
3. Local support
4. If they are going to be able to do (and really do it) 3 above for next 20 years?

If I had to pick one outfit to do motor support / replacement anywhere in USA it would be Grainger - I have had good luck with them replacing some oddball motors and getting it right. Course that is limited to what they normally do - up to 100 HP.

Dan Bentler

Last edited:
In my view, Reliance/Baldor's RPM-AC and ABB's HDR motors are as good as can be found.

In fact, for many jobs they are too good.

So, as always, it does no good to overspecify but it's worse to underspecify. Knowing and understanding your real needs is essential.

Shucks, a TEFC Class F MG1P31 motor just might be good enough!