IPAD <-> communication

eatualive

hello people,

i want to create a demotica system using a s7-315 cpu with ethernet.
for controlling and visualizing i want to build an iPad app that can directly communicate with this siemens CPU. I know some apps exisits in the app store but i want to build my own.

My only problem is i need to setup a ethernet communication to the siemens CPU to read or write data. I was wondering if there is some handbook of how a tcp or udp connection is established with a cpu from siemens? It's not about the code itself although that would be very helpfull. But information how it has to work in general should be fine. The programming i will manage myself.

Anyone know something exist like this?

Hello,

The protocol is not published. You can find a few implementations on the web that you can gather information from. One is named "libnodave".

You can also use a program that can communicate with the PLC and Wireshark to look at packets.

I see, i will have a look in libnodave. but i'm wondering then how all those other companys make there drivers. Or can they get a licence from siemens to get driver for communicating.

Hello,

I have heard, but I do not know if it is true, that licensing something from Siemens might be possible, for a large sum of money.

> but i'm wondering then how all those other companys make their drivers.

Same way as above, by reverse engineering the protocol. A very common practice for unpublished protocols, file formats, data formats, etc..

All the pn CPUs have built in web pages and can be customized
Just go to YouTube
Then connect to it with any browser... iPhone ..etc

I know but i want to write a scada like app for my home. So the web page is not what i look for.

hmm, i guess i will try to see if i can convert libnodave to the ipad.
Thanks for the information.

Last edited: