Is sound available on your PC? Survey.

Is sound available on the computer you're using right now to visit this site?

• Yes, and my speakers are currently on.

Votes: 122 61.3%
  • Yes, but my speakers are currently off.

Votes: 62 31.2%
  • No, this PC has no sound option

Votes: 15 7.5%

• Total voters
I know, if someone sends us a ladder diagram, a litlle voice could tell us:
"You've Got Logic"

Phil's gonna be busy, no summer reruns for him!

And just think of the poll's I could post.... such as "Who has the best Joisey accent?, or a poll if Paul sounds more like one of the Beatles or like one of the Dave Clark 5.

CaseyK said:
or a poll if Paul sounds more like one of the Beatles or like one of the Dave Clark 5.

I will assume that you are refering to me Casey,

The Beatles are 'scoucers' and as I have only ever visited scouseland I can honestly say I sound nothing like them!

Now the Dave Clark 5 are ****neys.... I will say no more.

Except, I live in Kent but I am not Kent born and breed.

Paul

Phil and others

The link you provided was fairly good enough (atleast for my Nokia 9500). Maybe some additional information about read topics would be nice.

Regards
Lauri

Phil Melore said:
Peter and Casey, don't worry the sound will be purposeful.

I also have a speech generating software package on our newest conveyor line ( pictures of this huge panel to come in the future--it's my best work ever ) and it's been real tempting to "personalize" the words we hear during a fault or error condition. The fun I could have.......

Sad to say, no speakers, no microphones whatsoever for my company PC, although there's a small powerless speaker built into my work notebook.
Maybe as time goes by, I'll be able to see a much more alive kind of forum, with animated figures walking around in a chatroom, say for example. And making funny faces, or silly noise..while conversing about the latest in the PLC technology.:ROFLMAO:

Just stretching my imagination a little and yakking away at the same time:rolleyes:

regards
Sherine T.

Phil, man, what's the word? I'm about to wet myself waiting for this!

When's the beta coming???

Geez... I think my ADD is kicking in again. :p

AK

Try this link instead of the long one: http://plcs.net/a.htm You don't even need to type www. :p That's a redirect and will work in a normal IE/Firefox browser... so hopefully your portable device likes the code.

Phil, the redirect works fine on a Treo 650 smart phone using the built-in Blazer browser.

I really like the small version as I browse on GPRS also. The only comment I could make would be to suggest the newest posts be first like on the main forum.

Thanks for continuing to improve the site !!!:site:

Hi Phil

Yep, the "short version" is ok as I mentioned before. But as previous post said, it would be really nice to have latest topics first. I would prefer also quite close amount of information as we have in "normal version" only without uneccesary data for selecting new and/or interesting topic.

Regards
Lauri

ndzied1 said:
The only comment I could make would be to suggest the newest posts be first like on the main forum.

Norm,
Please try again. I can't check it myself since my cell doesn't have web, but I made a change to the post order as requested. The catch is it relies on cookies and I'm not sure if a cellphone/pda works with cookies. Please let me know if it works better.
It's been updated here: http://www.plcs.net/a.htm

or just http://plcs.net/a.htm if you want the URL smaller.

Enjoy,