Is their any option in RS View for a simple calculator?

AB2005

Hi;

We have an HMI designed in RS View32 Build 6.30.16 in one of our machine. Operators want to have a calculator option in it just to ADD, SUB, MUL & DIV. I can not give them option for a Windows calculator because some clever operators then inters very deep in system and play with it. Is their any option in RS View for such a simple calculator?

What's wrong with a keypad object, six buttons (+, -, X, /, =, and maybe clear), and a box to display the result?

http://download.cnet.com/windows/calculators/

Seems like I recall using one of these years ago to keep folks from switching the built in calculator to binary or hex or scientific and confusing the less clever operators. It was RSView32 and we were still able to lock down everything we didn't want them to jack with.

I also recall having problems with the "appstart" function and getting the called app to the foreground but the solutions for that are pretty easy to find as well.

You could make an HMI display with 2 numerical inputs, interlocked buttons that set a calc function number and a numerical output, see attached image.

For the numerical output you could use an expression like:
Code:
If calcFuntion == 1 Then calcInput1 + calcInput2
Else If calcFuntion == 2 Then calcInput1 - calcInput2
Else If calcFuntion == 3 Then calcInput1 * calcInput2
Else If calcFuntion == 4 Then calcInput1 / calcInput2
Else 0

hmi_calculator.PNG