Isolating downtime reason

N20D5OH

Hey all, long time lurker for help, first time poster. We're getting ready to install an OPC data collection package on about 120 pieces of equipment. Until we do I'm trying to just collect some data internally on a couple of machines to get a baseline. I have 21 conditions that my machine can stop for so I've tied two counters to each, one to count instances and one to count 1 second pulses of it being true. My problem is that at times two or more of these conditions can come true at the same time. I need to know if there is a simple way to ignore any other fault that comes in after the first. Any help is appreciated and thanks!

Chris

Yes, put a N.C. contact in series with your faults to disable latching it:

--| |----------|/|-----+----|/|----------(Yx)
Fault x Fault | Fault
Already | Reset
In Place |
--| |------------------+
Yx
(Seal-In)

Wow, I tried 4 times to format that ladder snippet and it still came out wrong. I even surrounded with ladder thing to see if it would appear correct ...

Yes, put a N.C. contact in series with your faults to disable latching it:

Fault x Fault | Fault
Already | Reset
In Place |
--| |------------------+
Yx
(Seal-In)

If I'm understanding correctly, you're saying to put an Not of every other fault in each rung. I started that but this would then not allow anything to time, because no matter what, if two of them are made, a Not will be made in every rung.

Forgive me if I'm missing something, last night was bar night and I'm still a little foggy. ;)

I would imagine that you have a 'Fault Active' bit or 'Fault already In Place' that indicates that any fault latched that in.
Then, use that bit to disable any other Fault from latching in.

I've tried and tried to reformat that snippet so that it reads correctly and have failed each time - sorry...

Finally found out how to format ...
Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]Fault x       Fault    |   Fault[/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys]           Already    |   Reset[/FONT] 
[FONT=Fixedsys]          In Place    |[/FONT] 
[FONT=Fixedsys]--| |------------------+[/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys]Yx[/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys](Seal-In)[/FONT]

Then, you would replicate this for each fault condition

Finally found out how to format ...
Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]Fault x       Fault    |   Fault[/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys]           Already    |   Reset[/FONT] 
[FONT=Fixedsys]          In Place    |[/FONT] 
[FONT=Fixedsys]--| |------------------+[/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys]Yx[/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys](Seal-In)[/FONT]

Then, you would replicate this for each fault condition

That makes sense now, thank you very much. I don't know why I couldn't see that. Have a great weekend.

Wow, I tried 4 times to format that ladder snippet and it still came out wrong. I even surrounded with ladder thing to see if it would appear correct ...

If you use the ladder tags you have to get it right the first time. And don't do a preview either. You'll never get it right again. Before submitting I copy the whole post just in case I need to change something. If I need to edit it I just delete everything and paste the clipboard back in.

Last edited:
Here is what I wound up doing. Thanks again for the help.

CodeSnippet.jpg