Issues adding a PF 525 to Rs5000 ver 20.04

toddp65

Issues have begun. I have ethernet comms...I can see the module properties and can open the parameters tab and in the upper right and it's green and says 'connected' yet I still have the I/O fault and yellow triangle in the tree. I have matched the drive, the version (5.02) and the proper HP and voltage appear. Not sure what to do next.

Thanks

The highest PF525 FRN listed and included within the available AOP package for Logix V30 and lower(AOP Package v1.05) is FRN 5.01; your PF525 is at 5.02.

Short of downgrading the drive firmware (not recommended by the undersigned!) only the Offline drive module 'Match', Save and CPU Download might get you going. You won't be able to mitigate the issue while Online with the controller.

Ahh. So you're basically saying the drive version is too high for the controller and I'd have to flash down to 5.01? I'm guessing that's possible.

What I don't understand that if that version didn't support 5.02 then why would it allow the option in the drop down list of versions and why did it accept it...as you can see in the screen shot it displays the version firmware and it doesn't mention any compatibility issues

Last edited:
I'm also reading that as long as it's seen in the module properties drop down list and as long as it has the AOP then it should take regardless of Logix version.

That's how the story goes( :D ), however, if the CPU doesn't 'like' a module, no matter what the software 'says', said module will be left out of the IO scan.

I'd say that almost 10% of the newly released PF VFDs I've had to insert within an application (especially on controllers FRN20 or older) required the Offline 'Match' and the subsequent controller download.

Well if I disable electronic keying from compatible module, the triangle disappears and the i/o turns solid and comms seem great. That said, will that prevent CIP control? Right now I have Start and Forward true pointing at the controller tags tree for drive outputs but the drive isn't responding.

In the Controller Organizer on the left, point your cursor at the very bottom and scoot up the "I/O tree" a little so you can see the Status for each of the things you highlight in that I/O tree.

When you highlight the PowerFlex 525 with the yellow exclamation triangle, you should see information that shows you the status of the I/O connection, and a reason why it is not running.

There should be a Description, a Status, and a Module Fault.

This might be a matching / keying issue, or it might be something else. The Status and Module Fault will tell you for sure.

Non-technical input: Keying and matching are so picky because of the high risk of connecting a device to the network with the wrong network address during maintenance or troubleshooting. "Thou Shalt Not Turn On The Wrong Motor" is a Commandment at Rockwell.

Start is a transitional command for all A-B drives; it has to go from False to True in order to trigger a Start.

The STOP command also has to be false at the time of the Start transition from 0 -> 1. Be sure you don't have any other things (like the digital I/O) asserting a STOP command.

Ken, when I returned it to compatible module so the yellow triangle would again appear, i scooted up the tree to the module but the only thing appearing is the IP?