Issues with VMware workstation 16 player

rejoe.koshy

Hi guys,
I am trying to use VMware workstation 16 player to configure RSlinx but have run in to all sorts of issues.

1. Not able to configure ethernet driver in RS linx.

2. The network shows disconnected in Guest mode , although works in host system.

The details of the setup are as under:

Host IP : 192.168.4.164
Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
Guest IP : 192.168.4.165
Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

Network Settings in vm player has been set to bridged.
What could be the issue? Tried a hell lot of things..

Please help!

Under the hardware tab where you configured the Network Adapter for bridged and Replicate physical network connection state, the is a Configure Adapters button. You'll get a popup that will let you select the host network adapters you want to use. Try selecting just the one that you need. If that still doesn't work, deleted the Network adapter and start over.
You should be able to get your VM Ethernet to work with either a static or dynamic IP address

It may actually be "unplugged", especially if you did not select connect at power on. Go to VM -> Removable Devices -> Network Adapter, and make sure it is connected. To be clear, if it is not connected the option will say "connect", if it is already connected, the option in this menu will say "disconnect".

OK. Tried a few things and got it to work somehow., so far

1.Migrated to vmware workstation pro.

2.Set the virtual network adapter setting to default and reinstalled the adapters. Vmnet0 was set to "auto bridging mode"(bridged to Ethernet adapter on the host machine) .

3.Set the network adapter on the virtual machine (in Vmware) to bridged mode.

4.Rs Linx was run in administrator mode.

5.Configured Ethernet devices and network was set to remote subnet browsing mode.

So far so good. Now need to hook the Plcs online to check everything works as expected.