IT2I in put module for 1734-AENTR/B

Glazedgater

The issue we have is that the IT2I thermocouple card and the RTD temperature sensor card connected through a point IO AENTR is constantly trying to connect then faults out.
The Point IO itself connects with no issue and I have tried each of these cards by itself (Adjusting chassis size each time).
Through the webserver you are able to see the IO module and on studio it is picking up the serial number:

Things we tried:
Tried various firmware revisions, but can only change the minor revision as this is hardcoded to series B which is revision 5.
Tried 2 different point IO bases
Tried 3 different IT2I cards
Tried 2 different thermocouples
Installed new add on profiles
Made sure that the correct chassis size is in the webserver and PLC

Module is visible in RS linx!

Hardware/Software:

Studio 5000 V32

AENTR/B Point IO V5.019

IT2I card with IT2I base V 3.014

Standard dumb switch

L72 PLC

ENBT ethernet card

Could this issue be related to it needing a DLR as it is a 2 port point IO?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 16
Error 16#0203 means that controller and IO agreed to talk, but controller is not getting data from the module or was getting data but lost it.
I would check the revision of ENBT (use 6.006) and then check media counters on both devices.

To answer your first question, no an AENTR does not need DLR to operate.

When online with studio and the aentr, are you going to the last tab on the right of the Aentr module properties and setting the chassis size there? Not the general tab when offline, but the far right tab when online.

Error 16#0203 means that controller and IO agreed to talk, but controller is not getting data from the module or was getting data but lost it.
I would check the revision of ENBT (use 6.006) and then check media counters on both devices.
Thanks,The one Im using is V3.003. Ill see how far it can be uprevved .

To answer your first question, no an AENTR does not need DLR to operate.

When online with studio and the aentr, are you going to the last tab on the right of the Aentr module properties and setting the chassis size there? Not the general tab when offline, but the far right tab when online.
Thanks, yip Ive done that and confirmed on the web server.

Thanks,The one Im using is V3.003. Ill see how far it can be uprevved .
I am pretty sure that 3.003 does not support unicast that you selected. You should be able to use 6.006.
You can uncheck Unicast box just for a test, but solution is to upgrade ENBT firmware