Kepserver dnp3 master

Mike_ant

hello guys

i'm trying to connect kepware server to a foxboro rtu (simulation purpose /foxrtu station with isagraf 5.13) through dnp3 master ethernet .
i'm working on a virtual windows xp machine and everything is installed right there .

when i run quick client in order to see data i don't get anything .

any suggestions and infos from who have done this ?

I can't make out your picture.

When you talk to a OPC server, you can either use static or dynamic tags. The static tag has to be configured in Kepware, right click on device and select New Tag to create one. The OPC quick-client can then browse and view the value of the static tags.

i know that i create static tags and server creates dynamic ones

these are pictures i attached earlier (sorry resolution changed by forum )
http://imgur.com/a/7Wgy3

as you see i created two static tags just for test and it says unknown values and bad quality
thanks in advance

It's hard to say, all I can offer is the SOP for troubleshooting any comm issue; troubleshoot the different layers, physical, network, and so on. The problem with DNP is there aren't any free DNP slave or master simulators out there, unlike modbus.

Maybe try to get Triangle Microwork's Gateway trial and use that as a master to see if you can poll, if not, they you troubleshoot the slave side or check on your cable configuration.

is it possible to read those data via a web server ? visual studio with dll or so collect those data then transfert to a web server
any idea ? drivers ..etc

I would ask what is your main objective?

If it just to verify the RTU DNP Slave fuctionality, then get another DNP3 master program like TMW Gateway to test it. TMW also can act as DNP3 slave so you can test the OPC DNP3 master against it.

my goal is to read those data in order to make an interactive hmi
via intouch or visual studio

for simulation purpose