Keyboard Wars: FTView ME Numeric Input Possible Without Popup?

ehhakeoiiijge

I have a numeric input field on my HMI. That field is being focused and written to by a macro keyboard so the operator doesn't actually enter a numeric value on the popup keyboard. We are having some operator confusion because they see the keyboard.

When I disable the popup keyboard on the object (tried string input, numeric input, numeric cursor objects) it doesn't seem to accept input from the physical keyboard even though the object is highlighted and I press Enter after typing my input.

Is there a way to hide the keyboard popup or allow physical keyboard input while the keyboard popup is disabled?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any way to hide the popup, but if you select 'scratchpad' under the pop-up settings then it will not provide keys for the operators to push, just a blank entry field.

I'm not aware of any way to hide the popup, but if you select 'scratchpad' under the pop-up settings then it will not provide keys for the operators to push, just a blank entry field.

Thanks for the suggestion. For those checking back in the future: the best option I've found seems to be using a string input object with scratchpad. I'm not worried about data validation since the input text will be controlled by the keyboard and only send integer values. The string object allows the input to be masked with ## symbols like a password where the numeric input won't mask the values and displays a min/max range.