Keyence VS to Micro850

Epcalh01

I would like to input a number generated from the Keyence VS sensor to a Micro850 over Ethernet/IP. I have to use a Micro850 per company policy. I have not had much experience with ethernet/ip and would greatly appreciate any assistance.

I was able to make this work using the following method. I download the .eds file from Keyence and used the EDS hardware installation tool from Rockwell. Once that finished I, had three new variables (IV3_I, IV3_O, IV3_C) in my global variables. Next was editing the ethernet module in CCW to get the sensor to talk to my micro850. The Keyence IV3 field manual had a detailed setup for Ethernet/IP and once that was followed the connection was established between the Keyence and my Micro850. The field manual was set for 8 bytes, but their configuration called for 16 bytes. Keyence's terms for the I/O map was vague, and there was a lot of trial and error. But I was able to find the judgement number for my inspection in the global variable. I don't think this a fully functional Ethernet/IP connection, but I needed to pull out a number from the Keyence and I was able to find it with a lot of trial and error. If anyone would like more details, please reach out to me

With regards to the IO mapping, I have integrated many Keyence IVs over the years (IV 1, 2 and 3 models) and their Ethernet/IP and Profinet IO mapping is very well documented in their manuals. In addition, on their website they have the EDS/GSD files as well as Tag description files in CSV format. The tag description files are generally for the AB 5000 series processors, but I think would work for the Micro series as well.

As I said this is for IVs, but I would hope they provide the same for the VS series. I will be trying a VS out soon in the near future so I will find out :D

With regards to the IO mapping, I have integrated many Keyence IVs over the years (IV 1, 2 and 3 models) and their Ethernet/IP and Profinet IO mapping is very well documented in their manuals. In addition, on their website they have the EDS/GSD files as well as Tag description files in CSV format. The tag description files are generally for the AB 5000 series processors, but I think would work for the Micro series as well.

As I said this is for IVs, but I would hope they provide the same for the VS series. I will be trying a VS out soon in the near future so I will find out :D
Did you ever manage to get the VS camera to talk with your Micro850? and firmware version was the Micro850 you used for the IV3 communication