Kinda OT: HMI cautions...

padees

Just wondering if anyone else does this kinda stuff. See image.
I thought it to be appropriate to embed in grouped items.

PV5310 with standard Rockwell signs.

Any thoughts?

I know someone on this forum who is a 2 hour drive thru the mountains that may end up working on this machine once installed. LOL

Trust me, they do not have the physical floor space to assemble the whole machine, nor even have the power to run it at the build facility.

It's a whole lot more than this, but was wondering if people ever thought of, or are adding, these items to their screens?

Forrest Green is the corp color, so went with that for borders.

MOp.jpg

Last edited:
I like it but, two words: Unintentional Blindness.

Why not add a blinking strobe light/horn somewhere, whenever it's "energized", lit up the light and horn. We have security swing door at our facilities that have light/horn that warns people to stay clear when it open/closes.

I like it but, two words: Unintentional Blindness.

Why not add a blinking strobe light/horn somewhere, whenever it's "energized", lit up the light and horn. We have security swing door at our facilities that have light/horn that warns people to stay clear when it open/closes.

That's a start. I do have a Banner stack light on this, but they didn't want the Kiss Concert sound of that horn going off. The operators would beat that to oblivion after a few rifs.

The person I am working with is color blind, but can recognize these color shades. It can be a touch bright, but I can shade them down.

Heck, they wanted to know what it would take to translate all this to 4 different languages...

I have about 37 screens on this system. This is just one as an opinion test.

My question was really about adding cautions/warnings in specific places like I showed here. Easy to remove...

Thanks for your input.

Mostly non-English speaking operators in the US and Canada. They do have multilingual supervisors to do the translations.

I've done research, as well as a company I worked for, and the most recognized colors with meaning, that everyone understands, is Red-Yellow-Green.

Stop - Caution - Go...

Last edited:
I like the HMI signs too. Never used them, but i do like the idea.

Maybe if the machine is large enough you could add a activation button for each Zone of nailers/etc..that would turn on a red light that is placed next to that particular hazard. Then the operator has to press the activate button for that section then press the shoot nail button.

If someone is near it they have a second or two to clear once they see the red light, just before the nailer is actually shot.
Could be to much but if someone could be near it might be worth a few cheap red lights and an extra button stroke for a warning.

I dont actually know how your machine interacts with operators. Maybe nobody is near any of it and what i said doesn't make any sense to the situation.