Kinetic 350 F43 Error

tchiem

Hello,

Currently my Kinetic 350 having an error of F43. I checked in the manual as it said:
An attempt was made to enable the axis through
software while the Drive Enable hardware input
was inactive.
Verify that Drive Enable hardware input is active
whenever the drive is enabled through software.

The Drive Enable input that is transitioned from
active to inactive while the axis was enabled.

I tried to find all the hardware input but couldn't find any and only PLC controls the Axis of it. In the PLC, the alarm said Configuration Fault - Feedback1Type - Invalid Attributes Value. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

I tried to find all the hardware input but couldn't find any

The hardware Enable is pin 29 of the I/O Connector, which is the big high-density connector in the middle-left side of the drive.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2097-um002_-en-p.pdf

It generally has a cable to a breakout terminal, or a breakout to screw terminals on it.

The error code almost certainly really means what it says: the Drive Enable input is low.

Maybe it's connected to a "safety" circuit, or there's a jumper missing, or something else. Chase down the wiring starting at the IO connector.

I'm not super familiar with the K350, but the manual does say that pin 29 of the IOD connector is drive enable. I expect it's connected to a breakout board of some kind. Do you have drawings of the system? How is that pin wired?

edit:
Ken beat me to it....

Context: Because the Kinetix 350 has hardwired Safe Off circuitry, when I used them my application didn't use the ordinary Drive Enable input.

I don't think that Drive Enable can be disabled in firmware, so typically we jumpered it on the board. Certainly easy for a wire to get disturbed if you've been working on something else nearby.

The hardware Enable is pin 29 of the I/O Connector, which is the big high-density connector in the middle-left side of the drive.

Somehow the pin 29 is connected to the 24VDC+

Pins 72 and 28 are the hardware overtravel limits. I've generally seen normally closed prox sensors (or similar) used, so it's not using physical overtravels.

Is it possible you had a 24V blip at some point?

There's a tech note (access level: TechConnect) that kind of discusses this.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/70774

Are you using a MSG to change parameter 138? Or, did you add parameter 138 as a datalink?

Is it a SERCOS drive? Since your hardware enable is hard wired straight to 24V, it's not in use, so you can also refer to this (access level: everyone):
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/25807/loc/en_US
It talks about disabling that check.

There's another article (access level: TechConnect):
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/70091/loc/en_US
It says that if it continues to fault after doing a fault reset, you may have to restore the drive to defaults after saving a backup. You can then reload the backup into the drive. That seems...extreme for this. You should also check the firmware release notes for your drive and for its newer versions just to see if there's a known anomaly.

Went thru all the lists. Even replace the new Kinetic 350, still giving same error.
Where can I do the restore defaults? Since I don't have the MotionView software yet.

MotionView Onboard is for configuring Kinetix300 indexing servo drive.
Kinrtix350 is CIP motion servo drive, you can configure it thru CIP motion axis page in studio5000.
you can go to web browser (simply input IP address for this servo drive) to look into the servo drive fault history and more infos.