Kinetic 5500 - Absolute Move - MAM PC Bit Understanding

Sensorless

Hello all,

So I have a linear actuator connected to my servo and I command an absolute move to a position, for example 80mm. Now at 75mm position my servo starts to perform some work (cutting a pipe). I want my servo to return home when it is done cutting the pipe which is the 80mm position.

The problem I have is when I am at 79.75mm, my MAM.PC bit turns on and the instruction thinks the move is complete, when in fact it is not. My position lock is set to 0.0249mm so that is not the issue. I have datalogged my position error which equals 0.25mm at this time. It seems to me that the MAM.PC bit is being set when the position + position error = commanded position.

Can anyone explain to me if this is in fact correct and if so, why?

Thank-you