Kinetix 5100 Drive Overload

Hi,

Again, a topic about Kinetix 5100 servo drives. The controller is L33ER. The servo drive are 2198-E1020-ERS with a TLP-115-200-DJMC2A.

There are 2 servo motors with a leadscrew for mechanical transmission that move a heater up and down. The longer part of the motion is with absolute motion using the adapted MAM Add-On Instruction for Kinetix 5100. The other part of the motion is in torque mode using the adapted MAT Add-On Instruction for Kinetix 5100.

The torque reference that is set is 140% of the rated torque of the motor that is 6.37 N*m. therefore the torque reference is about 8.9 N*m.

And at a random moment the drives gets error E02C that is said to be Drive Overload.

The motor is rated to have a peak torque of about 300% of the rated torque therefore the peak torque should be about 20 N*m.

After a lot of troubleshooting and monitoring different variables, I found a counter for the E02C error that increases when you are above the OverloadWarningUserThreshold parameter that is set to be, by default, to its maximum value 120%.

If you go at nominal torque 100% torque reference the counter decrements. If the counter reaches 100 the error E02C occurs.

The question is how can the peak torque or fraction of the peak torque be achieved without getting this error?

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev