Kinetix300 Communications With ML1400

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Kinetix 300 Servo Drive (2097-V33PR3)I want to communicate with Micrologix 1400 (1766-L32AWAA)
I ordered the Allen Bradley Switch,(1783-US05T) but in the Meantime, while I wait for it to arrive, can I use a simple switch in it's place?

SimpleSwitch.jpg

No problem. Because the MicroLogix won't be using I/O messaging to communicate with the servo controller, you don't need to be concerned with constraining multicast traffic.

The only things you lose with an ordinary switch in this case are diagnostics and durability.

Thanks, I'm trying to get it to work now, but I'm afraid that I may need to have the Motor leads, and Feedback cables connected and powered up first.

Got it.
I am able to go online with the Drive and download the Java based MotionView 3.36.
I forgot that you need to cycle the power after changing the I.P. address.
Thanks Ken