Knockout hole sizes

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking at a part today online and the descriptions says:
"This enclosure has knockout hole size �D1 M20/M25 and PG16/PG21 available"

What is hole size D1?

TIA
Paul

Try Z-Tech; Panel Punches.com. They have a selection of panel punches. They list a "1D round with flat" among 23 D-style punches.

Dang I figgered fer sure one-a-you across the pond would know right off the bat.

Guess I feel less ignorant posting this question now...It's okay though, cause I gotta uni-bit and can make the holes bigger if I end up using that device.

Well M20 is about 3/4 and M25 is inch but I'm sure you knew that. The UK has used these metric sizes for donkeys years!

I believe PG gland sizes are less popular but we still have a Dutch production line that has SEW Eurodrive motors/gearboxes that have tapped PG gland entries.

Looking at a part today online and the descriptions says:
"This enclosure has knockout hole size �D1 M20/M25 and PG16/PG21 available"

What is hole size D1?

TIA
Paul

D1 isn't any standard that I can find, but the M and PG are. I wonder if it is a reference to something in their own literature. That was the most common thing that showed up for it in a Google search.

Stu....

Which manufacturer are you using? One manual i have for enclosures states the following 'D1' in its legend;

D1 = 5 x M20 as per Drilling Detail Table

I found the diagram for the enclosure you mentioned.
This is a diagram key to be used with reference to the table of sizes below.
D1 refers to the knockouts on the top and bottom.
D2 refers to the knockouts on the sides.

Thanks guys. I didn't realize D1 was a drawing reference when I saw it here:
attachment.php

After following your links I see I should have gone here to find the associated chart:
http://raise.rockwellautomation.com/raconfig/rtcache/jpg/194e dimensions base thermoplastic.jpg

Much appreciated,
Paul