Panel knockout fillers

DRThorne

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows where to get those 1/4, 1/8, 1/32 DIN cutout fillers when you remove an instrument from a panel door

My first thought was www.omega.com. I didnt locate any in their online catalog but doesnt mean they dont have.

I have always made covers to go over large cutouts, button hole covers are easy to find. I dont have my catalogs at home so cant check them.

This would be good to know...I will investigate, hopefully someone will answer that knows.

Omega was one of the first places I checked. I may end up having to get something custom made out of plastic... that's going to be expensive :(

Knockout Plugs

Just snap them in. These steel plugs cover knockout holes in electrical panels and boxes, faucets, tubing ends, and metal furniture. Package quantity is 25.

Hole/Knockout
Head Head Head O'all Per Pkg.
Trade Size Dia. Dia. Thick. Ht. 1-4 5-Up

1/2" 7/8" 1 5/64" 1/16" 23/64" 8087K12 $5.23 $4.36

3/4" 1 7/64" 1 1/4" 1/16" 5/16" 8087K14 5.80 4.84

1" 1 3/8" 1 1/2" 5/64" 11/32" 8087K16 7.30 6.26

1 1/2" 1 63/64" 2 7/32" 5/64" 23/64" 8087K25 10.34 8.94

2" 2 15/32" 2 11/16" 5/64" 3/8" 8087K27 12.07 10.52

This is from McMaster Carr

You realize he is refering to rectangular or square holes made by devices like an Omega temp controller etc? What y'all are refering to are round knockout holes that is standard for conduit etc.

He said knockout but a better term may be cutout but they do make knockout dies designed to make these holes, Z Tech is one company that makes them. I thought they may have covers but I couldnt locate any.

Last edited:
I work for a company that currently only carries the hole seals among other things. I brought up adding a seal for 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 din cutouts to the R&D boss.

My question is: Is there a high demand for these?

Is this a product where, If you make them, they will be bought?

Craig right now I think there would be a market for them if people KNEW they existed. Many places I have worked we made or had made covers for holes where these kind of devices were taken out and not used again.

This is a large forum, maybe that would be a good poll to setup. As you can tell from the responses you would have to explain it in detail.

Yeah, that's the problem is the North American NEMA requirements. It's easy to make something out of sheet metal and not have it NEMA rated... hrmmm, maybe it's easier to find "NEMA rated sheet metal" :)

Craig, I would probally buy about 300 of the 1/32DIN blank filler plates per year

Last edited:
I realize this is an old thread, but is anyone making DIN instrument panel fillers yet? I've been searching the 'net tonight, needing some 1/2-DIN cutout fillers in stainless, and I'm coming up empty. Seems like someone's missing the boat. I just finished scribbling out a drawing for my machine shop guy to tack some studs on the back of a stainless plate so I can get some made. Got any leads, otherwise?