Koyo-Dl340-DSdata-Networking

atatari

I bought Dsdata (OPC server for koyo PLCs) to bring the data (registers-I/O statues) from DL340 and to Excel.
Now my problem is how to share this excel spread sheet with other people connected to our company internal network.People who want to see that information.
I bought two ISOCOn to convert RS232 to 422 and it works on my computer.
Even if I install dsdata on the other computers ,it not showing the data ,it seems it has be connected to that specific computer.
any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
You need to use NetDDE. The application allows DDE connections across a network. Basic idea is you create a NetDDE share on your computer that points to DSData. Then you change your DDE links in Excel to point to the share.

I have heard that netdde doesn't work with dsdata.Does excel has the capability of sharing data over the network?

It would be nice if they had an ECOM module for your application. Then you could just get enough liscences for DSData and install it and your spreadsheet on the desired pc's. Do you need real time data or are your just looking for data logging? If you are just looking to log data, then set up your spreadsheet to auto saveas. Then just put a shortcut on the other pc that points to it. You wouldn't be able to see current data, unless you saved every few minutes but that would not be very feasible. Possibly you could run a spreadsheet on the other pc and reference the desired cells to your already established spreadsheet. Not sure if that would work but just an idea.

Dale

One idea would be to buy a DL05 PLC with an H0-ECOM module to gather the data from the DL340 to allow ethernet access. Many of the DL305 users go this route to get the data onto ethernet.

NetDDE should work with DSData. I'm running multiple Wonderware Intouch nodes that communicate to DSData servers with NetDDE.