L.E.D. AC Power Adapter Help

In the schematic I provided, R1 is an internal resistor. The extra 8230ohm resistor is to help limit current at the higher voltage.

The concern I have now is whether the transistor in your output card can handle the 32V. With such a low current going on, I'd give it about a 70% chance that it will.

If you have access to a relay output card, though, that would take away that particular concern.

"Dead bug style" just refers to gluing your chip to any old board upside down and then wiring to the leads that are now pointing skyward (like a dead bug). No need for etching a circuit board for something this simple. Keep in mind that you will now be looking at the bottom side of the chip and will have to adjust your wiring accordingly (it will be the reverse of what the data sheet shows).

And since you really want your circuit to operate in "constant current mode" you can also wire up a regulator to do the same thing, but with just one resistor.

The example that I'll point to is designed for LEDs, and I have used the exact same circuit for creating a constant current source for calibrating process gear.

http://users.telenet.be/davshomepage/current-source.htm

The second link is to the home page for the example in the first link. It shows yet more ways to use voltage regulators.

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Technical/Voltage-Regulator/