L27 Embedded High Speed Counter Output Control

bozman29

Hello everyone. I am new to using high speed counters and logix5000. I am using a 1769-L27ERM-QBFC1B controller with an embedded high speed counter. Currently the system is working but I am getting a large overshoot on my counter. My flow meter is providing a good signal to the PLC but I want to know if there is a different way to control my output. Currently I am using the counter input in my main sequence of logic and also use output off/on masks. I believe that I am getting overshoot from my scan time. Is there a way that I can have the HSC automatically turn off an output without waiting for the PLC to scan the logic?

The older SLC programs are using a #M10 word to control the output without waiting for the PLC to scan and eliminating the large amount of overshoot that I am seeing.

I have attached a screenshot of the logic that is being used currently.

Thank you for your help.

Flowmeter.jpg