L33ER Firmware Upgrade PLEASE HELP!!

newtome

Hello all! I am in need of the V21 firmware upgrade for the L33ER compact logix processor. I recently upgraded to V21 Studio 5000 and the program I was working with had to be converted to V21 in order to update it. I went to download it into the L33 and it prompted the firmware needed to be upgraded. I have looked on Allen Bradleys knowledge base and there is no version 21 upgrade. Does anyone have any tips or ways of assissting me?

Since you have V21 installed, it should have came with the firmware for that controller. Open Studio5000 V21, go to Communications, Who Active. Then select the processor and click Upgrade Firmware.

Keep in mind the program will be wiped, so you will have to re-download it.

Since it's a L33ER, I'm assuming that the controller is currently V20. Are you sure you want to upgrade it? The ideal thing to do is have V20 of Logix5000 installed and leave it as is. Typically when Logix upgrades a program to a newer version, it changes the file extension of the original to the original version (ex: FileName._V20). You just have to rename it to .ACD

Do you have both v20 and v21 on the same PC ? If so, follow dmroeder's advice and re-name the backup file and open it in v20.

I checked the RA firmware update website and I agree that the v21 firmware for the 1769-L33ER isn't there. Either v21 hasn't been released for that controller yet, or it's been removed from the support website.

If you're in the circumstance where you have only v21, you're going to have to set up another PC with v20 or find a way to install v20 on this one, if you want to work on the 1769-L33ER controller program.

I'm not using v21 yet because all of my RA software is on XP virtual machines and the new Studio 5000 doesn't support XP.