Ladder logic For Keyence Sensor

hurricaneapa

Looking for help on how to create the ladder logic to execute these steps below.

First, our set up is a Keyence IV2 sensor, connected through ethernet to an Allen Bradley Control logix PLC. I am able to execute the steps manually through the control tags on the RS logix 5000 software (by changing the 0 to 1). The sensor allows us to save up to 15 images. When we are ready to scan our parts, we will have a human to set up the initial good part under the sensor and take the image. For example, we may have to take 4 images of part A, and then 2 images of part B. These images will be set up corresponding to the side number and part letter the human assigns.

Also, we have access to buttons, but none are connected yet since I do not know how to connect an external button to the PLC and have it connected to the RS logix 5000 – so if someone could help with that too.

I do have images of what my code currently looks like that I can post for reference. I have also attached the controller tags list, so there can be more universal tag calling.

The steps:
1. Reset the program number on the PLC so the image starts at Prog_000
2. Push an external button to pull the trigger – which takes the image
3. Check the data on the IV2 navigator software through the PLC. If the image is GEQ 80, then continue. If the image is LES 80, then the trigger needs to be pulled again.
4. When the image is good, the program number (prog_000) should increase by one, to Prog_001
5. When the image is not good, the trigger should be pulled again. If the image fails 5 times, the sensor needs to stop. I would think there should be a time delay as well between the trigger being pulled (so the human has time to move the part before the image is taken).
6. This process should continue until it hits Prog_015, so once the program number is GEQ 15, the program number should reset to prog_000.

Last edited: