Ladder Logic for Visio

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
I love me some Visio. It is so much more than just flowchart software. It has a lot of hidden power just as Excel does for those who take the time to learn it. I recently wanted to be able to create some ladder logic in Visio so I came up with some parts for them in Visio. Right now when you add the timer or Counter they ask you to fill out the Shape Data. The XIO and XIC are not but it's a simple matter to add it. I'm not sure if it will be of any value to anyone but here it is just the same.

I'm open to suggestions or comments...

Kraken Fan #69

It won't be very exciting without Visio but just for those who waould like to see the result that may not have a copy of Visio I'm including a PDF.

And yes I know the timer is set wrong for counting hours. It was right at one point but I made so many changes I just forgot to fix it before I saved the file. lol

Kraken Fan #69

Honestly, here on PLCs.net. It does have limited use to be sure but there have been a few times when I just wanted to be able to share a simple ladder diagram with someone who doesn't have RSLogix or just don't want to use it for some reason. It's admittedly limited use is exactly the reason I didn't want to purchase a program like The Constructor and came up with this.

Kraken Fan #69

I like it to, I stumbled on it by accident when I was working in Nauru, never saw it before and just started playing with it and ended up doing all electrical drawings on it