ladder logic program

GIT,

I think that many of us have "windows of opportunity" in out lives when lurking at PLCs.net and similar spots makes sense, but then those windows close for a variety of reasons, and we must eventually move on.

I have thought many times that my PLCS.net "window" had closed permanently, but it keeps getting reopened - questions from old threads, or I find a few idle moments to fill.

He said is is in a class already. Should he spend more money or should the teacher actually show an example of something similar before they make a student figure it all out on their own. In my book that's not teaching.

Wow... hostile much? What had Arlo done prior to this post to deserve this evisceration? Obviously something followed it, but Phil has edited that out of existence.

If this was the reaction I got on my first post, I certainly would not return...

I agree. The person who knows it all that got hostile towards Arlo is scum and when you know something and get mad because someone else is struggling then you are a selfish, ignorant, and heartless person who has no character. Shame on that guy for being so rude and un-willing to give from what he has which God actually gave him in knowledge of a skill. I feel bad if they outsource his job and he is the one who has to ask people for help in a new career

if he really wanted to learn, he could do the Logixpro simulation exercise of the 4 floor elevator system. of course, he may just be trying for a "passing" grade in class, by letting someone else do the work, while he takes the credit.

danatech :rolleyes:

I don't get it why people always think like that. I mean I just now started learning PLC's in my school this semester and I am struggling because 1)the classes are online 2) The instructor makes me guess "everything" instead of showing an example 3) there are no tutors at my campus because they say this class is not on-site, so basically I am on my own figuring something foreign out. I have no previous experience of PLC's and my professor is supposed to answer questions and teach. That is his job. It's kind of like if you knew nothing about cars and someone gave you a week to read a book about transmissions and they said you have by Friday to fix this transmission. Some people need to see the solution or a way to do the problem (visual learners) before they can backtrace what is going on when they study the textbooks. If someone told you to go cut the greens on a golf coarse and then edge the sandtraps would you know exactly what you are doing and how to work the equipment if you didn't see someone do it?

I learned PLC's by working in a plant in the maintenance dept, after I had troubleshooted and built my own relay logic controls. I cannot imagine trying to learn PLC's by using a book in a classroom. Much of PLC's can be self-taught but you must have the fundementals first. Good luck bud.