ladder writing etiquette

Bruce
The old F series brick PLC's did support sub-routines but bearing in mind the obscure way that functions were called I am not too surprised that you did not realise this. Functions were called by turning on a function "coil" which had a constant attached to specify the function which was required. The coil was designated F670 and the constants were K7 to call a sub-routine, K6 to identify the start of the SR, K9 to identify the end and K8 to end it conditionally. I am sure that the F series introduced many people to PLC's but I doubt that they are missed by many.

Mitz PLC

Thanks AndyBr. This is funny...Nobody liked working on the Brick so I got "elected" to make changes. I am sure Im the only one who read the manual. Another hard one was the GE Mini series one. You could only see one element at a time, using the words "or" and "and" to place contacts on a rung. After about 4 contacts you would be thinking ....Gee did I or the first two or and them...I learned something here too late. Today I tend to pull bricks and replace them with Allen Bradley 5s. Im now working on replacing an Idec used in an Air dryer. :) Have a good week!