Laptop For Rslogix

tomalbright said:
The desktop we had trouble with wouldn't allow an install of anything but WinXP. That's beyond a driver issue, it seems.

The OS has to do motherboard support too; therefore if the system was defined for XP then it is unlikely another version will not work beause it does not drivers avaliable.

Ken Roach said:
Every user I've met with a Dell Precision has sadly traded their monster glossy movie machine in for a Latitude to get the PCMCIA slot.

That is exactly what I am doing today.

Yesterday as sat staring @ a 5/04 whose serial port was tied up communicating with a drive I am finally giving in.

I am getting a real serial port and a pcmcia slot for christmas!

I recently purchased the Dell Latitude ATG D620.
ATG = All Terrain Grade....whatever, I just bought it because
of the bright display. It doesn't say outdoor readable but, it is.
Anyway, just wanted to say that it's the best machine I have ever ownwed. Onboard serial port, pcmcia slot, Enet, IR, Bluetooth, WiFi, and Cell modem.
I have been running a multiple Rockwell Software apps, WonderWare etc. with no problems.

I had a Dell Latitude C540 and company refreshed with an IBM Thinkpad T61. Both worked well with the AB 1784-PCMK card. The only problem I'm having now is the onboard modem on the Thinkpad will generate comm errors when dialing up via RSLinx. Not sure why and I've tried an array of usb modems and none work. I finally found an older USRobotics PCMCIA card modem (33.6k) which works great. I was going to post this problem in another thread once I searched the archives. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.