learn siemens

thanks a lot. Hate to ask for advice sometimes but right now working on a automation project that is almost completed and used a allen bradley 1400 and 12 Control technique unidrives and servos. Hope to **** he does not want to redo it all in siemens since he was the one that said we need to use Control technique because it has more features than the Yaskawa we have used for the last twenty years. Go figure.
I agree with you folks, i will learn the **** out of it, be 55 in two years and just walk in and retire and get my pension and go find someone who needs someone that know Siemens and Allen Bradley along with Omron and Mitsubishi.
What little i do know at the moment it looks like it will be the new siemens s7-1200.

JRW, it seems you are right.
They must have expanded the hardware catalog substantially since the last time I looked.

There is actually a magic date regarding HW support in TIA

The modules that could be ordered and were not discontinued by 1.10.2007 are supported by the TIA Portal and are stored in the hardware catalog of STEP 7 (TIA Portal).