learning proficy ifix

jetta314

So, Im a wastewater operator and also a digital designer/ web developer and im trying to learn Ifix 6.0 or 5.9 but I cant find any resources to learn on my own for this. Im sure some of you guys have been in this situation and may have an answer. What is the direction to go for this. Is there a demo out there or training thats not gunna cost thousands of dollars? I want to learn how to design, edit and troubleshoot with this application. Ive been searching for a while but cant find anything. Thanks

You can get a copy from a distributor in your area - it will run for 2 hours at a time. Restart and keep going. There is no "Sample System" screens in the newer versions but you can ask them for a copy of that and learn quite a bit from it.

I worked in a company with iFix, so my advice may not be met the same way particularly if you're not working with a version of it. But when I asked to evaluate the new version they offered me a development license for the 6.0 and the download links to isntall in a standalone PC.

This being said, I would probably look into Ignition as a SCADA as well as iFix so that you can advise and hopefully force GE to do something about how bad that thing is.

This being said, I would probably look into Ignition as a SCADA as well as iFix so that you can advise and hopefully force GE to do something about how bad that thing is.

Have you seen all the new stuff they are adding to the iFix v6+ versions? The possibilities look great BUT, they look like they are built to view a single element and with phone screens in mind as it would be difficult to fit entire processes on a single screen using the examples they are marketing.

But I do like Ignition...