Legacy database conversion utility

bright676

Is there an easier way to use this for a 64 bit machine? I don't really want to dig out a old Xp 32 bit machine and go through the long and confusing process.

I'm assuming you're talking about FTView ME?

Unfortunately not. You have to have a 32 bit machine of some sort to do anything at all with the old file. The good news is that you don't actually have to go through the import/export sequence if you've got a reasonably new version of FTView Studio on the 32 bit machine. Just open the offending program in Studio on the 32 bit machine. It will automatically convert it. Then save, close and backup the file, send it back to your 64 bit machine and you're away.

I can vouch for this working on FTView 7 and I think it works on v6 as well. But can't 100% confirm.

We had to install an XP Virtual Machine on a Windows 7 machine to do it. Microsoft offers this for free on their website, instructions included.
Took probably 4-6 hours of download, install, update, screw around time... But it does work.

This was also useful because the DeviceNET tag generator didn't work properly on Windows 7 (last summer, does it work properly now?). So I already had the VM setup.