Lenze 8200 vector

MJC

Hi friends,
I'm in a tight corner here with a project deadline at the door step, and in need or desperate help. Originally the project was to use AB powerflex 4M which I'm fairly familiar with, but since we had some LENZE 8200 vector drives(that I have no clue about how to commission) boss was to use them to keep the cost down.
This is a very simple application that requires a stop/start command, a potentiometer for speed control, and the use of auxiliary contacts for fault notification. I have no idea how to wire this at the drive terminals yet alone deal with programming.
I'm quite sure that there is a forum member that has some experience with these in the past and could shed some lite. I did download the system manual from Lenze EDS82EV903 that I'm still flipping thru the pages, with a blank stare :confused:.
here is some more information about the drive
8200 vector
Type:E82EV751
Input 230V 1~
Output 230V 3~
0.75 Kw/ 1Hp
Thank You

We got the same drive in our plant. I used the Lecom A/B communication module to set the parameters with global drive control software from Lenze. Only i did a replacement because the original one was broken. So i needed to upload and download the parameters. What i found out is when yu use the software it becomes much more easier to find specific parameters. Dont know if it help but i'll post our parameter settings so you can look at it and maybe get a little further.

Control connection for a Lenze drive attached. This is vanilla, out the box, no changes made to standard settings. Mine was controlled by a 4-20mA from a PLC so you will have to adjust for a pot input.

BryanG drawing is correce and in factory settings the
E4 = CW/CCW rotation
E3 = DC injection brake
E2 and E1 = Selection of fixed speed setpoints

X1.2/K11 Relay output normally−closed contact - opened = TRIP
X1.2/K12 Relay mid−position contact
X1.2/K14 Relay output normally−open contact - closed = TRIP

System manual:
http://src.lenze.com/lenze-bibliothek/en/A1%20-%20Frequency%20inverter/A10%20-%208200%20vector/SHB_8200vector_0,25-90kW_SW3-X_v3-0_EN.pdf

Go for chapter 8 for commissioning of the drive step by step

Thanks guys
@Bryan what terminal number does the -black go to, right across fro terminal 28?

I put the digital signals GND to 39 and the Analogue GND to 7. In the drawing they are joined together but I can't remember if that was what I ended up doing. It was 6 years ago and we stopped using Lenze because they changed their supply structure in the UK and made it hard to purchase. We switched to ABB.

Thanks Bryan,@Patrix would you happen to have the pinout for the rs-232 cable. I have the comm module on its way I still need the cable, distributors price is from 108.00$ to 155.00$. I dont think there is anything don't about it.

Thank You all for your help, I will be starting the drives up this week, will let you know how it turns out.

Just got connections established between pc and LECOM, and geting familiar with the software. Keyspan 19HS works wonders when it comes to this kinda stuff. Will update after Monday's final programming and startup. Thanks again big help from you.
Oh yeah getting used to sutch parameter names as CFG Sensor will needsome time. :)

Last edited:
If you require motion bus via ethercat or encoder feedback use the 8400 Highline or use Lenze ACTech SMV for simpler applications. Yes they aren't very sophisticated, but they are a lot cheaper than the 8400 Topline or Stateline drives.

Just a word of caution on using old obsolete drives. If they have been on a shelf for more than a year, the capacitors inside the drive may suffer from an early death shortly after being energized, because there is an oxide on the layers of the caps that breaks down, or "de-forms", over time. So when you just apply full power to them, there are microscopic openings in the layers that short, and it cascades to complete failure shortly thereafter. You should do what is called a "capacitor reforming procedure" BEFORE you ever even energize them.

Hello. MJC.

I am in need of the LECOM-A/B module. Where can i get one please?

Mjoubert, is it possible to order one from SA?

Last edited: