libnodave - Siemens 315 slow ethernet packets

I do not see the dialog that you show in your attachments, TurpoUrpo. Mine does not have the Input 1 and 2 tabs, it just has an input tab. And my tab does not have the selection combo for the channels.

But, I tried this. I just deactivated the channels that I don't use, which was 3 out of the 4. This gave considerable improvement. With this setting the data is almost always unique at the 50 msec scan rate. I would say about 80% of the time. This tells me that we are dealing with the overhead on the PLC side. Not sure I can get it any better. Sure would like to take data at 25 to 30 msec.

I really appreciate Ya'lls (yes, I am from Texas) help. Unless anyone has any other ideas I think I know what my limits are now and how to adjust them.

Thanks.

icon14.gif
Turpo! 2 good pictures says more than 2000 words!

Kalle

I do not see the dialog that you show in your attachments, TurpoUrpo. Mine does not have the Input 1 and 2 tabs, it just has an input tab. And my tab does not have the selection combo for the channels.

But, I tried this. I just deactivated the channels that I don't use, which was 3 out of the 4. This gave considerable improvement. With this setting the data is almost always unique at the 50 msec scan rate. I would say about 80% of the time. This tells me that we are dealing with the overhead on the PLC side. Not sure I can get it any better. Sure would like to take data at 25 to 30 msec.

I really appreciate Ya'lls (yes, I am from Texas) help. Unless anyone has any other ideas I think I know what my limits are now and how to adjust them.

Thanks.

Yeah, sorry. I put accidentally wrong module to it. But basically that shows how update rate is calculated. I know i read from somewhere how it is really don, but cant just remember now. Disabling channel groups should remove them from overhead and selecting lowest integration time will get them faster but less accurate.

ps. i looked at s7-1200 manual and it indeed did look like it would be faster...

Last edited:
L D[AR2,P#0.0]

If I look at the document you attached, the execution time strongly depends on the interference frequency suppression at interference frequency in Hz : none : 0.42 ms, 50Hz : 20 ms.
Fast execution seems primordial if you have a highspeed card, could you give me situations that force me to select the 400,60 or 50 Hz interference frequency surpression?
What are execution times for the non-highspeed cards approximately?