Linking panelview and compactlogix without re-exporting runtime

Paul_Pereira

I am able to hook up my panelview to plc and set them on the same subnet and through the runtime shortcut the two devices. However, in the field I do not want to re-export a runtime for every IP address change. Is there now way to reconnect the PLC and HMI without re-exporting the runtime? I ask because I tried already the following:

1. Using Rslinx to change the PLC ip address
2. Using the View ME station terminal config to edit:

A. The terminal IP address itself through terminal settings
B. Factorytalk linx enterprise commnunications
C. Shortcut of the runtime through the terminal settings.

I reset the terminal and still no luck. Had to re-export a runtime with the shortcut to the PLC.

I have never used PanelView, but how does the PanelView application know that the IP address of the PLC has changed?
Can you not program a maintenance screen in which a property page for the person responsible for the machine can write the IP address of the PLC to some variable/tag within the PanelView, and have the shortcuts to the PLC use the values in this variable for the message instructions to the PLC?

I have never used PanelView, but how does the PanelView application know that the IP address of the PLC has changed?
Can you not program a maintenance screen in which a property page for the person responsible for the machine can write the IP address of the PLC to some variable/tag within the PanelView, and have the shortcuts to the PLC use the values in this variable for the message instructions to the PLC?
According to Ken this can't be done. I also don't see any global connection with regard to IP.