Linxs

randy

Supporting Member
I am having some trouble configuring my PIC-1747 driver. This is the fault I keep getting. What is the defference between Service mode and Normal mode in Linxs?

Thanks

rmonroe

Image5.jpg

The main problem you are having is that Windows XP does not support the use of the PIC module, you will have to use either RS-232 DF1 or get the 1747-UIC converter. The converter will change a USB port to the DH-485 interface for the SLC processors. Sorry, that is what technology can do to you.

Well, almost.

Windows XP does allow the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver to run, but only under two important conditions:

1. The serial port must be built-in. No USB or PCMCIA or Ethernet converters to RS-232 will work.

2. RSLinx must run as an Application. Use the RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel (Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software-> RSLinx) to switch between the default Service mode and Application mode.

Even with these two conditions satisfied, some PC's still cannot run the 1747-PIC driver because of power-saving or other hardware issues. That's why the USB to DH485 interface called the 1747-UIC was developed.