RSLinxs 2.57 drivers ?

Which ones exactly?

Look at Ron's screen shot in post 4 and my first jpg in post 6 and you will see them all, its the same version of RSLinx but missing the 32bit drivers

Easy fix is just don't buy a 64 bit version... I got it because I needed to test things to find them out and to be able to answer the questions from my customers, I also have Windows 7 32bit and they work great!!

Last edited:
I understand completely. I'm still using XP under VMware because of the slow support of W7 and the need to run older apps. But I think if they say it supports W7 64 bit, it should support all the drivers, not just a small subset.

Mine worked fine under XP Mode on Win 7 laptop as a UIC. The driver probably will not be retuned for 64bit unless AB can make some money off of it.

VMware specs from their user manual:

"You need enough memory to run the host operating system, plus the memory required
for each guest operating system and for applications on the host and guest. The
minimum memory requirement is 1GB, VMware recommends to have 2GB and above.
For more information on memory requirements, see your guest operating system and
application documentation.
"
You might want to say, "For my requirements I recommend 8GB of RAM". 8GB sounds great, but is completely unnecessary for most users today.

The amount of RAM your Host needs depends on several factors.

• How much RAM you want to give to your Guest OS (VM)? I have some VMs that use only 384MB of RAM and some that use 2GB of RAM.
  • How many VMs you need to run simultaneously? For me, I rarely need to run more than two VMs at the same time.
  • How much RAM does your Host O/S need to run smoothly? I am using Win7 64-bit at it will run down to 1GB of RAM though it is much smoother with 2GB.
My Win 7 Host has 4GB of RAM. That leaves me 3GB to use on my VMs. That could be one 3GB VM or six 512MB VMs.

At this moment my laptop has one VM running Win XP and is using 1GB of RAM. That is all that machine needs to run smoothly.

8GB of RAM for me, while I would love to *say* I have 8GB on my laptop, would be unnecessary and a waste of money.

OG

Definitely OG ..I really agree with you on this ..

1 GB minimum required for all plc programming softwares. Especially great with SIMATIC and RSL 5k .Unity pro also works great .I recommend 2 seperate Virtual os if you are using unity pro and rsl5k , Becouse drivers makes some mismatch .

If you are running scad system( especially big scadas like 800 xa) its better to allocate more ram ( minimum 2) ..as i am using this ..

If you have less ram to burn in your lap There is one options called memory sharing in VMW ..But I definitely don't recommend this as it will screw up your system.

ARS