load cells and compu-m weight belt weighting

catalin78

hello!

i have a problem with a belt weighting system integrator is compu-m (milltronics) and 2 units with 2 cells each wich i guessed it is a mmi sistem , compu-m integrator has inputs only for load cell A and load cell B . The four cells are conected in the following way load cell A from first unit in paralel with load cell A from second unit ,and the rule aplies for Load cell B , i want to find an explaining for this connection.
the integrator shows speed of belt and at the weight it show -185 no matter what weight is on the belt .
I am waiting for your oppinions , thanks in advance :)

Hi Catalin,

We use many Milltronics conveyor belt weigh scales and several Compu-M type in particular. I have never seen the arrangement you describe and have checked the manual "Compu-M instruction manual PL-516 , March 1998"
Page 7 Specifications list Inputs >> load cell: >> 0-45mV dc per load cell, 2 cells maximum.
It would appear that someone has attempted to create an averaging circuit by putting the load cells in parallel. Not sure if that will work.
Try removing the parallel connection and see if you get 0-45mV from the excited cell under no load and with test weights. Perhaps a bad load cell is shorting out your circuit.
I hope this helps,
Brian