Loading an SCL FC to Other Programs

rpop91

Greetings all!

I have a question regarding the use of Siemens SCL.

Can I create an FC using SCL and load on into a Step7 Program that doesn’t have the SCL feature enabled?

I’m writing a standard function block for a customer that they can deploy at several of their plants. It would be easiest for me to write this block in SCL but before I do that I want to make sure they will be able to load it into their programs.

Thanks for the help!

yes, it is possible. But if block is opened it is converted to STL.

Result is same if you delete SCL source from your original program, block is opened with STL then.

Similar Topics

Hi, Please I want to know if it is possible to upload SCL code from siemens PLC or not. and what is the best way to get the SCL code from...
Replies
Views
How can I access the web page that allows me to see and upload the pcl or translation file into my Pl1000E? My Pl1000E doesn’t have an ethernet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have had some issues with uploading a program from a Micro 850 PLC. This is the first time connecting so I don’t have a file on my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I want to upload the program from my CPU317TF-2 DP to my PC via connecting to CP 343-1 Advanced since it has LAN ports and the CPU...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im stuck trying to support a client with Motorola ACE.. I was able to upload all of the other sites to STS but one. Im working remotely...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom