Logix 5000 GSV EntryStatus 16#0000

Hey everyone. I am having an issue and can't narrow down the cause. I am losing communications with various Yaskawa drives on a logix5000 network using the 1756-ENBT/A module. In my I/O tree I have the drives set up as a generic ethernet module and I also have it set to fault the controller if the connection fails. The controller never faults. I get no faults on my drives either. I just simply lose the run signal to the drives even though the run signal is on in the PLC program. The actual drive does stop also. When checking the drive status through the GSV I do see where the status goes from 16#4000 to 16#0000. Not sure what is causing this to go into standby mode. I have monitored the network and I am not getting any broadcast storms. Any ideas?

Is the firmware the latest? I believe its 6.006

Have you disabled rack optimization? With it enabled, faults on the rack can cause issues with other cards, such as the ENBT/A.
NOTE - only run disabled if you have all necessary redundancy. Bad things can happen.

16#0000 isn't as much standby as it is awaiting power up or reboot.
Perhaps the card is failing, or you are having some power issues.

Last edited:
Thank you for responding. This all of sudden just started happening. I never enabled rack optimization. It's been running fine for 5 years now. The firmware of the card is 6.004. How can the PLC lose comms with the I/O point, in this case the drive, and not fault if I have it set to fault if it loses comms? What exactly does the status 16#0000 indicate anyway? I can't find any information much on that status and a possible resolution.

I’d be focusing on the yaskawa side
The reason your controller is not faulting is most likely the connection is not actually failing.

What’s the RPI set to.?
How do you recover when this standby mode occurs.?

I’ve seen issues similar with the control mode of the drives set to ‘transition’ rather than maintainer and also when the drive was powered off due to estop.

That it’s just started happening after 5years points to something else going on.
Is it just a single drive or all of them.?
Has anything else changed with the network anywhere.?

It could also just be age as well..

16#0000 is a power-up status. The module goes into 'standby' while booting up.

There is a reason for this, we just need to find it.

Is it happening to every drive?
Are all drives commanded thru the ENBT/A?
Can you ping the ENBT/A when it is in status 16#0000?
When you say you are using GSV, are you looking at the ENBT/A with the GSV or the drive itself?
Are you using an AOI to retrieve GSV?

The RPI was at 35. I have moved it up to 50 to see if that helped but still getting the same issues. The thing is the drives never fault either. Sometimes the drives will stop and then automatically take back off running and then other times they will come to a complete stop. Very random on the network. Nothing has changed. Bad part of this is I'm having to try and remotely troubleshoot this issue. The issue is happening in south America so it makes it harder. Monday I have them changing Ethernet cables, cleaning the Ethernet cards on the drives and replacing all switches on the network.