Logix AOI for timer presets

TheRooster

Hello all,

I am trying to improve my skills, so I decided instead of moving a value into every single .PRE of an array of timers, I thought I would use an AOI.

My plan was to input the first Timer in the array, the number of timers in the array, and the preset value. Then do a move instruction in the AOI logic for each one, or some kind of loop in structured text if I can figure that out.

I am finding that you can't input a TIMER data type into an AOI, and am seeing no way around this except to just do it in my normal logic. Any ideas? Thanks!

I would just SIZE the array inside the AOI rather than passing the number of timers, unless you expect to sometimes not want to set the entire array.

EDIT: FAL is probably a better solution though.

@Aardwizz That worked perfectly! I am going to play around with this instruction I think it will be useful for a lot of things. I'm thinking of allowing the user to select a value for a range of recipes in this project, and this will allow me to distribute it all in one instruction.

@plvlce Another good instruction I wasn't aware of, thank you.