Logix controller fault handling Routine

plcnovel

Hi All
I am trying to trap some of the hardware faults in compact logix processors L35E. For example, if one of the I/O cards losses its connection with the Controller, the controller goes to fault mode, i am tryin to avoid this, by using a fault routine, which gets this error, now what i want to do basically, as soon as i get this error, i want the machine to shutdown normally instead processor goes onto fault mode. Is there a way i can do this? Like get the error, force the machine to normal shutdown and clear the fault.
thanks in advance

Uncheck the following :

module.jpg

And use the GSV instruction with the CLASSNAME MODULE. This gives you all kinds of info regarding a module. Look in the instruction help

Ian

If you get the status of the module, via the GSV instruction, you can under program control perform an orderly shutdown

Ian