Logix Designer Offline-Online syncro

termita82

Good Morning.

I'm creating a program in LogixDesigner V32 loaded in a L330ER PLC.

Usually, when you try to get online with the device, with a program that is different from the one already loaded, the SW lauches a warning and gives you the option to download the new version or upload the online code.

Don't know why but since I'm working in this project, when I get online with a different program, the SW says "correlating" and automatically updates the online changes on my computer program.

Is this a selectable option in some menu? Why is this happening?

Thanks you all for your help.

In my experience, that means that there are some pretty minor differences. When it does that, I immediately Save As a copy and then run the compare tool to see what's going on. I'm not aware of a setting to turn that off, but I've never looked for it. Sometimes it would be nice, though, since the "Correlating" message box isn't always visible for very long and is easy to miss and not realize you're working with an updated copy of the program.

In my experience, that means that there are some pretty minor differences.
This is my understanding as well -- that there are differences, but minor enough that the software is able to recognize it is still basically the same program and just upload the changes instead of requiring a full upload.