Logix Pro 500 Timer Question

Clevedale

How do I get the timer to trip a relay using the ACC instruction.
I am using a CTU and a CTD Both are C5:1. I used an examine if closed with C5:1.ACC as what is linked to. I can't figure out how to make it trip? Where can I get information to figure this out?

Thanks in advance.

The way I read your question you would have to use a compare statement with a set valve to trip. If you are trying to get it to trip and your preset than you need to use the C5:1.Dn

The .ACC of the counter is not an instruction. It is the accumulated value of the counter. It is simply a value. To use it, you would normally utilize some type of comparator.

The .DN of the counter is a bit, and thus makes sense to use with an XIC or XIO instruction.

I am not sure using a CTU and a CTD tied to the same counter address is a good idea. Actually, it is almost certainly not a good idea.

I have never used the LogixPro emulator, but it is clear it was meant to mimic RSLogix500. Therefore, if you go to the AB website and search for the RSLogix500 Instruction set manual it should give you some good guidance.

In fact here is the link.

http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1747-rm001_-en-p.pdf

Thanks, I will try another way now that I know ACC isn't the correct command. I am using the DN bit already in other locations. I just thought the ACC would trip something at another time. I'll be looking at those AB instructions.