Logix5000 Controlling temperature with PID using discrete output

protrac231

Does anyone have any examples of how to control a temperature of a PID loop that is firing a discrete output for logix 5000? Any help would be great.👨🏻‍🏫

I've done this using a time base and splitting that time between the On time and Off time where the output of the PID is the % of the time base that is the on time and the off time is the remainder. Worked quite well in that application.

Does anyone have any examples of how to control a temperature of a PID loop that is firing a discrete output for logix 5000? Any help would be great.👨🏻‍🏫

The ones I have seen are for the PLC5 and SLC500, but should be easily adaptable to the Logix. They are on the Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase. If you have access and Tech Connect, search for PID Time Proportional. It has also come up here a few times. A similar search term, or Digital PID should turn up something.

Stu....