Logix5000 Ethernet Drivers to view AB VFDs

showshocka

I've been searching for Ethernet Drivers so that I can view my PF70, 700,40 and 525 AB VFD's in Logix5000. They look *** if they are connected to a 1756-EN2T card. I can not see my VFDs. I also Downloaded some EN2T AOPs and they still do not show up. What am I missing?

I've been searching for Ethernet Drivers so that I can view my PF70, 700,40 and 525 AB VFD's in Logix5000. They look *** if they are connected to a 1756-EN2T card. I can not see my VFDs. I also Downloaded some EN2T AOPs and they still do not show up. What am I missing?

The Add On Profile is part of it, for sure.
I know that, for the 525, with a CompactLogix version 20.03, I had to also download and install the firmware profile which is used in CCW. Didn't make sense, but it worked.

To make myself more clear I would Usually see "Ethernet" In my Drop-down, and under that I would see all of my VFDs. They are all on Ethernet. Maybe I need an Ethernet Driver.

I_Ocard.jpg Controller type1.jpg

Looks to me like it's an issue with the EN2T AOP, double check the revision of your EN2T card to make sure the AOP you have downloaded is compatible. I would guess it isn't. I've had similar issue in the past.

Take a step back.

In one of those screenshots, you show a 1756 ControlLogix backplane with a missing object where the 1756-EN2T should be. That suggests a mangled or missing module profile.

In the other screenshot, you show a CompactLogix controller, which wouldn't have a 1756 backplane nor a 1756-EN2T.

In general you create that I/O tree in RSLogix 5000; it doesn't automatically go out and browse the network to create the I/O tree unless you ask it to.

Ordinary browsing to "see" a drive so that you can connect to it with a drive configuration tool is done by RSLinx Classic. While the "tree" structure looks similar and both are related to networking, the function of RSLinx browsing and the function of the Studio 5000 I/O tree are different.

This is where I am with this. So click on Properties for the module. I am familiar with ESD files. So My Question would be how Would I know what this Module is unless I'm guessing to maybe physically look at it or maybe view the Prints?

Unknown Mode Ethernet Properties.jpg Unknown Mode Ethernet Properties 1.jpg

I still don't understand what you're trying to do.

Your new posts show a 1769-L33ER CompactLogix I/O tree.

Your previous posts have shown the I/O tree of a 1756-L61 and a 1769-L36ERM, and your original posts asks about communicating with VFDs.

The fact that your Studio 5000 I/O trees seem to show some missing module profiles suggests that you might have a corrupted installation of Logix 5000, or that you might be missing some of the module profiles for newer modules.

So please, start by describing which controller you are using, what Version of Studio 5000 you are using, and in general what sort of task you are trying to accomplish.

I still don't understand what you're trying to do.

My apologizes, working, doing breakdown calls and squeezing in posting to here. What I am trying to accomplish is to see all in my logic tree in the 5000. We got upgraded Laptops in here and I'm attempting to Mirror ole Faithful.

First, stop. Electronic Data Sheet (EDS) files may be part of the problem here, but they are not the principal problem.

Controllers and core network modules like the 1756-EN2T are handled in Studio 5000 with a software component called an Add-On Profile. While similar to an Electronic Data Sheet, they are more closely coupled with Logix 5000 and are downloaded and installed differently.

If you do need to download and install EDS files later, I will advise that you should download those files to any directory other than the /RSCommon/EDS directory. DO NOT PUT THEM DIRECTLY THERE.

Use the RSLinx EDS Hardware Installation Tool to register the EDS files you download. You can launch that tool from the Start Menu -> Rockwell Software -> RSLinx -> RSLinx Tools menu.

DO NOT attempt to simply copy them into the RSCommon/EDS directory.
DO NOT place them into the RSCommon/EDS directory before using the EDS Hardware Installation Tool.
DO NOT use the EDS Hardware Installation Tool to attempt to 're-register' an EDS file that is already located in the RSCommon/EDS directory.

My First issue was that I could not View my VFDs. After I was able to read some of them is when I noticed the other problems of not being able to see the Modules in the I/O tree...or should I have made a New Posting for the ladder?